Old fashioned Trillium Bakery invites you to become acquainted with our products.
For more than 30 years we have been dedicated to creating gluten-free recipes – delicious and nutritious. We are always careful in selecting sources. And we are meticulous in preparation: we always use separate gluten-free pans, we have highly trained staff, and we maintain a high level of cleanliness.
Our products include…
– Muffins, muffins loaves, a variety of breads: crusty, rice, red lentil, “pure oat”, millet, cornmeal/rice/flax, quinoa NEW!, raisin-cinnamon NEW!, baguettes, English muffins (also perfect for burgers and sandwiches).
– Cookies: rice flour based, buckwheat and “pure oat”.
– Power bars, chocolate-chip, cranberry and cranberry-chocolate.
– Scones: assorted real-fruit scones.
– Macaroons (coconut and fruit).
– Rice pasta in a variety of shapes.
– Pies: berry quinoa crumble, apple, apple/berry, pumpkin, seasonal rhubarb.
– Cakes: chocolate fudge brownie cake, vanilla, lemon, orange, berry.
– Soup mixes – organic and tasty.
– Chelsea buns – our latest creation!
Our wheat flour is milled for us at Upper Canada Village. It is Eastern Spring Wheat, the “Marquis” strain, which is a direct derivative of premium “Red Fife” flour.
It is completely free of additives (bleach, emulsifiers, dough conditioners, mold retardants, preservatives, pesticides and corn sugars). It is non-GMO: the hybridization of seeds has been going on by farmers throughout the 19th century until now, which is not to be confused with the much-publicized and -feared GMO.
– Over 20 kinds baked fresh daily.
– Natural, slow rising, old-fashioned bread, hand-crafted with care.
– Wholewheat flour without additives, stoneground for us at Upper Canada village.
– Unpasteurized honey, clean canola oil, a small pinch of sea salt, and very little yeast. Free of dairy products.
– Mini loaves, dinner rolls, Chelsea buns (gooey and delicious), burger buns.
– Our popular protein bread meets a dietary source of protein standards.
– Plain 100% wholewheat, high protein, raisin, flax, superflax, poppy & sesame, sunflower seed, sesame, maritime molasses brown bread, bran, oat-bran, pumpkin, carrot currant, black Russian, light rye, unbleached stoneground white, corn wholewheat, 9-grain, and Mediterranean (sundried tomato, olive and garlic).
– Most are 100% wholewheat-based.
– Real, wholegrain and different.
– Made from 100% wholewheat, barley, organic spelt and rice flour; also quinoa and oat blends.
– Low fat, sweetened with honey, maple syrup and/or unsweetened fruit juice.
– Vegan muffin loaves and muffins available.
– We use less sweetening than in ordinary muffins, and no salt.
– Cakes, sinfully rich chocolate brownies, pies, scones, quiches, tartes, pure maple syrup nut squares and 5-fruit heart-smart squares, thick juicy date squares.
– Power bars: chocolate-chip, raisin, cranberry orange.
– Berry crumble pies.
– Real butter croissants: chocolate, plain, multi-grain, cheese, almond, chocolate-almond and veggie.
– Florentines (a blend of chocolate and caramel).
– Barley fruit squares: apricot or cranberry/raspberry.
– Market vegetable quiche.
Restricted Diet Baking
– 33 years experience designing products for people intolerant of gluten, wheat, eggs, milk, soya, nuts, butter, sugar, chocolate or yeast.
– Birthday cakes for severely restricted diets.
– Selection of natural, sweet-free jams.
– Sourdough baguettes.
– Spelt breads in many varieties.
– Variety of squares: dairy, wheat-free and diabetic-friendly; also, no-added-sugar muffins (no artificial sweeteners either).
Please see the Restricted Diet Product Guide page for more information.
Unique Cookies– 100% wholewheat.
– Absolutely no white flour or artificial flavours here! Even the sweet-free varieties are flavourful and substantial.
– Iced shortbread big cookies – favourites with grandmas and kids.
– Gingerbread boys, girls, moose, bears, even loons! These are 100% wholewheat, too.